Hotel Pousada Águas de Bonito, located in the town of Bonito, Mato Grosso do Sul, is committed to the principles of sustainable tourism, to working in accordance with current laws, and to the satisfaction of our clients, partners, employees, local communities and other interested parties.
We meet these commitments through:
-employee qualifications and training;
- product and service quality;
- and continuously improving our sustainability efforts, which involve the appropriate use of natural resources, involvement with the local community, and innovation and creativity in terms of service delivery.
Our sustainability efforts include:
* Separating out solid waste, which is sent to recycling centers and institutions which use these items in the production of handicrafts.
* Using solar energy to heat water and our heated pool.
* Supporting the Pé da Serra social project by serving their artisanal jellies, spreads, and preserves at breakfast and making them available for purchase at our gift shop.
* Using native plants in our landscaping.
* Using fruit harvested from our own garden, such as mangos and blackberries, to make cakes, juice, and jellies.
* Making our own organic fertilizer by composting our kitchen waste, which also allows us to keep this waste out of the town landfill. We produce enough compost to keep our gardens green and flowering year-round without any additional fertilizer.
* Contributing to carbon neutrality through donations to IASB, an organization which plants trees through their Plante Bonito program.
Algo de información
Bonito es un municipio brasileño de la región Centro-Oeste, situado en el estado de Mato Grosso do Sul. El Polo del ecoturismo a nivel mundial, sus principales atracciones son los paisajes naturales, las inmersiones en ríos de aguas transparentes, cascadas, cuevas y dolinas